[només en anglès]
CAMARA, UB, CREA, UMIL, IRTA, IRIS, CFR, SIS
1.Introgressed rice accessions validated in WP3 will be evaluated in the different European rice production regions in the summer of the years 2018 (mid-scale assay) and 2019 (large-scale assay) in salinized and non-salinized fields (control).
2.Lines will be assayed in the rice producing regions of the partners involved including the end-users of the project to ensure a multi-actor approach that includes the research sector, the rice-industry sector and the rice-farming sector.
3.At the end of the 2019 field trial, the NEURICE consortium will ensure that the end-users (CAMARA, CFR and SIS) will send to register at least 2 lines from each country (1 line from each variety used as parental line in the WP2).
4.Moreover, the most interesting japonica rice cultivars/RILs accessions identified in WP1 and WP3 will be analysed in the same way.
5. IRIS will monitor salinity using a Wireless Sensor Network for salinity in all salinized and non-salinized field trials in Ebro, Po and Rhône deltas.
6. Atmospheric pressure, min & max and average daily temperatures, relative humidity, wind speed & direction, and average daily rainfall (and of course days of raining per month) will be measured in each field trial location.
7. At least eight plants will be randomly selected from each line in order to record data measurements weekly: uniformity, plant shape and height, panicle number per plant, grain/panicle, phenological stage and pests/diseases appearances, flag leaf width, length and angle, panicle position and exertion, days to heading, late flowering ratio and fungal lesions on leaves and panicles.
8. Plants will be harvested at maturity to obtain proper yield results. Productivity, grain quality and industrial traits (head rice recovery, grain dimensions, amylose content, etc.) will be evaluated by CAMARA.
9. Moreover, nutritional traits such of storage of microelements such as Fe and Zn, exclusion of toxic heavy metal such as Cd and As will be measured, in order to provide more robust seed characterization of the selected rice lines grown either in high salinity and no salinity conditions by UMIL.
- Task 4.1. 2018 field trials
- Task 4.2. 2019 field trials